Leveraging players expectations as a core game design ingredient, The Messenger is first presented as an 8-bit action platformer with a simple story, that unravels into an epic time traveling tale, eventually revealing itself as a 16-bit Metroidvania game packed with replay value and deadpan humor.
- An epic ninja adventure with challenging gameplay and tight controls
- Legit 8-bit and 16-bit art and music reminiscent of your favorite NES and SNES games
- Memorable cast of (often silly) villains, bosses and associates
- Catchy soundtrack by renowned chiptune composer Rainbowdragoneyes, made in Famitracker
- Character upgrades, new abilities, hidden levels and story arcs to discover
- Challenging and visceral gameplay where mastery is a thing to behold